1. This beautiful "Embrace the journey" cuff one of my best friends gave me for Galentine's! The message means so much to me, and I absolutely love the story behind the start of this company, Rustic Cuff. It's so inspiring!
2. I've been meaning to post about this shirt for a while.
The black gingham button down I am wearing here. I searched for one at all my go-to places like Old Navy, Gap, etc. and could not find one that I liked. Those places either had ruffle sleeves or some sort of embroidery patch on the chest. That wasn't what I wanted. I wanted just a simple black gingham button down.
Should have known, I could find one on Amazon. Yup, right here, and it comes in several different colors. The reviews were good and I took the advice of those reviews and definitely ordered several sizes up - I normally wear a medium in Old Navy button downs...I ordered a 2XL in this shirt from Amazon. It was worth it - it fit just like I like button downs to fit. Not too snug in the bust area, but close fitting enough to not look baggy. Also, did I mention that it was less than twenty-five bucks and ships with Prime?! Well it does. Win, win, win.
I keep meaning to order other colors but I'm waiting for spring.
3. Adam and I started this show, Imposters, on Netflix on Monday this week. It's killing me to not watch ahead, but it's the first show in a while that we have found that we both enjoy!
4. Rockin Green Active Wear Detergent.
I first saw their ad on Facebook and was kinda skeptical. Okay, very skeptical. I have thrown away several sports bras and even my favorite black shorty shorts because after wearing them multiple times, they just never smelled "fresh" again. I've tried lots of detergents from the store. I've tried fabric softeners, and even just straight up baking soda. I eventually started rinsing out my workout clothes in the shower with me after I wear them. That helped, but then I immediately had to start the washing machine or they would still not smell super fresh.
So I was completely skeptical but curious.
I read the reviews, visited their website, and then I found that you could purchase it from Amazon. So I tried it. I mean, Prime shipping, am I right?.
Y'all. IT WORKS.
I even went back and pulled out some already clean "washed" work-out gear and re-washed it with this stuff - GAME CHANGER. And I am not talking about it smells fresh until you wear them and start sweating again and then the "odor" comes back. I am talking, smells as fresh as the day I pulled the tags off it - throughout my whole sweat sesh. And those of you who know me, know that I don't "delicately" sweat. Especially in the spring and summer months, I sweat like a man. Probably more than some men, even.
I am sold. This stuff is awesome.
Now I am regretting throwing away my favorite black shorty shorts. Dang.
5. This girl on Instagram. Thegraytergood. Her lettering is so inspiring and fun, but what I really LOVE about her is the humor and sarcasm that comes out in her projects!!! She's really funny, and so very talented.
6. These photos from October 2017.
This kiddo wearing an outfit she picked out for herself, playing outside, chewing a big hunk of gum, and acting way too grown up and throwing me the peace sign as I took photos of her. I remember the light that evening was gorgeous and she just seemed so happy being at home playing outside and didn't mind me following her around with my big camera. The top photo only took 5-10 shots to get both of us in focus, but it was worth every try. Friday favorite. Forever favorite.