Just a few days over a year ago...
These photos were taken on January 3, 2017.
Our girl with her new stuffed animal, Freddie, that she had just gotten the month before in the Dallas Love Airport toy store...her treat/bribe so she would be a cool and calm flyer. And she was.
This being the first time for Tales from Motherhood on here, I truly didn't have anything pressing I wanted to say. So I thought I would share a couple photos from this time last year. Low and behold, it brings up the age old saying, "how does time fly by so fast in motherhood?!" It's hard to believe it's been a whole year since these photos were taken. She looks so much the same, but so much different too. Her baby cheeks are quickly thinning out and she's grown what seems like five inches since. I am exaggerating of course, but she is quite taller just in the past few months.
But at the same time, a few things remain the same.
- She still adores and needs her leopard print "B" that she is sitting on.
- Her hair is still curly curly...just longer now.
- She still twists her hair (like she had on the right side in these photos).
- Freddie is still a member of our stuffed animal family and always seems to "make the cut" when we are choosing things to donate.
- And the love that I have for her is strong just like that very day.
- Being her mama is still the very best job I could have ever dreamed of having.
- Some days are still a struggle, but the older she gets, the easier our days are.
Our days at home are mundane and simple and don't always involve glitz or even getting out of our pajamas on some days (like today!), but goodness, there is no place I'd rather be.