Before being a mom, every new year I would say, “wow, a year goes by fast!” Now, I’m just completely dumb founded at how a year can fly by so quickly. And I’ve come to the conclusion that a lot of the time I spend each day just wishing the day would pass quickly so we can get to the weekend, or to a holiday, or to a special occasion. And then when the days/weeks/months do go quickly, you sit there and wish you have more time. It’s human, I guess. But it doesn’t make it easy to grasp.
So at eleven months, our Ellis Chandler Rose...
- weighs in at 17 lbs and is 28.5 inches tall. She feels tiny, but is long and continues to get longer every day. I think I take another footy pajama out of her closet each week because she outgrown it in length.
- She loves any food that we eat - and eats with gusto! Especially spaghetti. She loves spaghetti - just like her mama.
- She drinks formula and water. She does not like juice - at all. She prefers formula in a bottle, and water in her sippy cup. I love that she drinks water - also just like her mama.
- And if she can get her hands on a “big girl cup” without a lid - she is the happiest baby on the planet. My mom and grandma love to give her sips from their cups and of course, she drinks it up!
- this girl bleeds personality. One minute she’s quiet and shy (like when she see’s her uncle Lee), and the next minute, she is gabbing up a storm and singing and laughing.
- Waves bye-bye and also says, “bye-bye” while waving. Even waves hello when she sees me in the afternoons.
- She loves playing in her sock drawer still, but has found a new love in my make up basket. She takes the eye shadows and lipsticks out and likes to take them to Henry’s stairs and stack them up on the stairs.
- She is obsessed with Henry’s stairs. She it’s her favorite place to play in our bedroom.
- The girl can move from room to room in like literally seconds. One minute she is playing the next, she’s gone to the kitchen. Can we say baby gates?!
- she can make a room look like a tornado has passed through in minutes. She loves unpacking bags and cleaning out cabinets.
- Has two front teeth and a small tooth on the bottom just starting to poke through. She loves to chew on everything - of course. And drool? Check.
- wakes up in a great mood most mornings. Sometimes she has been awake playing in her bed singing to her stuffed animals for a few minutes before she yells out for us.
- her favorite actual toys are cars, her Little People bus, and large Duplo blocks. She does so well putting them together.
- oh, and her stuff animals - some nights she has had to have at least 5 in the chair with us when we rock to sleep.
- Can be quite the ham when she knows people are watching her. She loves to make us laugh.
- Has the cutest giggle.
- Points to things that she wants and say’s “that!” At least we think she is saying, “that!”
- Even though she looks cute as a button (yes, I’m bias) in these photos...she was actually getting sick and starting to run a 100+ degree temperature (hence, the thermometers). She was sick this whole week. We’ve been very blessed that this is the first time she’s been sick for over a day, but it does not make it any easier. It has been so hard seeing her not feel good and not acting like herself. I have enjoyed the extra snuggles, but I would take her wiggling off my lap over the snuggles any day if it meant she felt better.
- Her face lights up when she see’s her Papa - even when she’s sick, he can make her smile.
- Does really well when being left at her sitter, or in daycare at the gym or church. She likes to be put on the floor and off she scoots to go play with the toys.
- Her naps have gotten shorter - gah. But it does usually mean that she ends up sleeping longer during the night.
- Loves bath time - and has taken very well to “big girl baths” in our tub. Especially if she has a few Little People to play with.
- Has the BEST gibberish conversations with her toys. I love watching her play.
- Has ticklish sweet feet.
In just a few words, she is the light of our lives. She makes the world seem brighter and can completely change my mood from sad to happy, bad to good. She is my Mary Tyler Moore theme song.
Who can turn the world on with her smile?
Who can take a nothing day, and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile?
Well it's you girl, and you should know it
With each glance and every little movement you show it....