And in honor of her being 8 months (and because it's late and I'm tired - like always - and ready to go to bed): 8 photos and 8 tidbits of information about our sweet butter bean.
1. Still no teeth yet. Drool? Check. Chewing on everything? Check. Bouts of fussiness and irritability when what she's chewing on doesn't cut it? Check. But still no sign of teeth.
2. Is pulling up and wanting to walk so bad. Did I mention that she crawls now?! Um, yeah, and girlfriend is fast. This girl is fearless so far. She will gladly test an empty box to see if it can hold her weight. And when said box collapses, she cries for a minute and then tries to get back up. Fearless and persistent.
3. Is still wearing some 3 month old clothes, but mostly 6-9 month old clothes now. However, this 6-9 month body suit she is wearing in these photos is still quite large on her.
4. Hands down has the best giggle but is very selective as to what is going to make her giggle. One night one thing works and she is gigging like crazy. The next night she will just look at me like, "seriously, mom, that was only funny last night."
5. Has become quite the independent eater. Has tried and liked avocados, macaroni and cheese, and Gerber lil' Crunchies since last month. But she especially likes them and gets really into eating them when she can put them in her mouth by herself. Oh, this child is already showing her personality so much.
6. She went on her first airplane ride this past month and is quite the little jet-setter. Surprisingly and THANKFULLY, she did amazing during all four flights...even sleeping throughout the entire last one. Next time we might not be so lucky, but because this one went well, at least we can say there will be a "next time."
7. Is such a sweet snuggle bug. Don't get me wrong, since she started crawling, she loves to be on the move. But when she gets the tiniest bit sleepy, she is at my ankles wanting me to carry her and it's the sweetest thing to have her lay her sweet head on my shoulder. I can literally just feel her relax and get settled.
8. Sings and babbles like she truly has so much to say. She also has added waving into her ways of communicating and it's the cutest thing to see that she knows when to wave. P.S. Adam is responsible for this shot...the book was his idea - he said she loves this book...Yup, it's Barney. LOL.
And because I just can't help it, one extra photo to grow on:
It does not seem possible. It just does not seem possible. Eight months. Gosh. Some nights I cannot wait to go to sleep. Okay, every night I cannot wait to go to sleep...but then I think about how just the other night I was sleeping standing up swaying side to side with a two week old crying baby in my arms. Stressed out, exhausted, hungry, nervous, and a complete wreck with tears running down my face wondering just how (and even if) we were going to make it to the one month mark.
And now, tonight - just two hours ago, we hit the eighth month mark.
Happy eight months, my lovely Ellis Chandler Rose.