and it has gone by so very very fast.
And we are the luckiest parents of a six month old now.
And this six month old has such personality. She is full of laughs and smiles and the absolute best grins that melt my heart each and every time she flashes that gummy smile.
At six months our sweet girl:
- loves music. She loves to be sang to, and to dance to itunes as well. It is a super quick way to get her from a fussy mood to a happy baby mood. We dance it out and everything gets better.
- She just started patting our shoulders when we hold her. It's the sweetest most endearing thing she does right now and I can't get enough of it.
- Still sucks her fingers when she is sleepy. It's her tell. Also she rubs her eyes, but usually the fingers are a sure sign she's sleepy.
- Has a favorite blankie that we call "lovie." If it's up around her face while we hold her, she snuggles up to it and is out within a few minutes.
- sleeps so very well lately. will sleep 7-8 hours or longer if we let her. It's been tough for both of us to adjust to me going back to work and not getting to sleep in the past two weeks, but I think we are figuring it out now.
- sits up so very well, and has been for about three weeks.
- wears mostly 6 month clothing now, but can still wear a 3-6 month depending on the brand.
- she is long. She seems super long to us when we hold her or see someone else holding her.
- loves to touch and grab things. But not just grab them, she loves to feel things beneath her nails. Watching her scratch surfaces is so fun, it's like she is learning what is smooth and what is rough. soft and hard, scratchy or bumpy. It's the coolest thing.
- and most everything she grabs goes directly to her mouth for a taste, too.
Including my necklace that I was wearing while trying to take her photos. She kept grabbing for it, so I just gave it to her.
- this girl rolls. fast. I'm just gonna go ahead and say it. Both sets of grandparents already know anyway, so I'll just be honest. She has rolled right off the bed onto our hardwood floors. And that's how we found out that she is FAST. She was fine. It was Adam and I who needed a drink after. Bless her heart, I think our reaction scared her more than she was even scared in the first place.
- She also inch worms her way around fairly quickly. It's not quite a crawl, but it won't be long now.
- When on her play mat in the kitchen she inches her way toward Henry's bowl everytime. She is so interest in getting his red bowl.
- She is also VERY interested in Henry, and squeals and talks when he walks in the room.
- She loves carrots still. Likes squash okay. Green beans are tolerable, but not her favorite. Also, she loves Jello and icecream now, thanks to her grandparents and great-grandparents who sneek her bites when in their presence (smile).
- Still nurses each morning and and drinks expressed milk the rest of the day.
- Enjoys reading books - mostly chewing on the books, but she does sit pretty still for at least one or two board books before losing interest.
- Loves bath time. And is now bathing in the kitchen sink and not her bath tub anymore. She sits so well, but loves to grab things from the dry rack instead of play with her bath toys.
Yes, our sweet girl is officially a half year old. I was telling her tonight the story of her first trip to Mama and Papa's house for Wednesday night dinner when she was just three weeks old. About how she just cried and screamed and mommy and daddy were stressed and mommy was in tears on the drive home. and how we drove around the park an extra time to let her scream it out in hopes that she would tire herself out and sleep well that night.
It seems like just yesterday. But also so long ago. Now we go to Mama and Papa's on Wednesday night like it's no big deal. We go with ease and no stress now. At the time, I never thought it would feel easy. And now just a few months later, it does.
It's bittersweet, I guess. Or maybe I'm just exhausted and my eyelids hurt when I blink from being so tired. It's midnight and I should be in bed. My babies are already there so I am not even going to spell check. I'm just going to say, this is best most life-changing, learning, emotional time of our lives. And she responsible for it all.
Our beautiful six month old baby girl.
Thanks for dropping by :)