whoa. she's five months?
Yup. Five months last Thursday.
We were a bit under the weather for the past week. First her with a cold that turned into a slight ear infection :( . We were scheduled for her second check up last Monday so we went and she had her second round of shots, and then mommy got sick. I think I picked something up from the pediatricians office, and that landed me on the couch away from my loves for two days. Luckily, sweet bean was on the mend and was feeling much better by then. But, we made it. We made it through our first sickness. Our first night of 4AM scared to death because the thermometer read 103.2. I was ready to load her up and take her to the ER, but thank God for great friends who are health professionals that you can call at 4AM for advice. For "talk me out of the car" calm advice. Thank you God, for our Tammy. We made it. And then on Thursday, when I was on the couch, baby girl turned 5 months!
At five months our butter bean:
- is 14.1 lbs and 24 inches long. She is really long. It's so crazy how long she is to us now. I really see it when Adam is holding her. She used to look so small in his arms, and now it's like, "whoa, who is that long baby girl?!"
- tried rice cereal for first time a couple weeks ago, and loved it! Eats from a spoon with urgency, even.
- tried carrots just yesterday and loved those too! But is definitely a messy eater.
- still nurses each morning (with urgency) and drinks breast milk from a bottle throughout the rest of the day.
- Wears 3-6 month clothes pretty well. Some things run a bit larger around on her, but length wise, are great. This onesie was a bit large on her, but it was the last white one we had ;)
- Has SUCH an expressive face. Adam and I laugh so much just about the different expressions she makes. She truly has the best WTF face.
- Has found her voice and loves to use it to not just squeal, but scream!!! And though it's shrill and can scare the bejesus out of you if you aren't ready for it, it's truly the cutest too.
- Loves her Jenny Jumper swing. She does not like to sit still (I wonder why. wink, wink), so her jumper is perfect. She has great leg strength and walks wonderfully when she's in the swing.
- She out grew her baby swing. Like "strap her in or she will wiggle out out of it" out grew it.
- Takes naps in her big girl crib in her own room, but is still sleeping in her bed in our room at night.
- Rolls like a gymnast. This is why she now naps in her crib and not on our bed.
- Sits up fairly well but not quite on her own yet.
- Loves tummy time and scoots herself all around on her tummy.
- Sits in her Bumbo well as long as she has chew toys to play with.
- Some days is a mama's girl and wants mama all day long.
- Some days is a papa's girl and he is the only one for her those days.
- Has started talking herself to sleep at night. We put her in her crib still awake and she just gabs and squeals herself to sleep. It's cute to listen to.
- Has a favorite toy now. Grover from Sesame Street. A gift from her Aunt Rachel and Uncle Lee. As soon as she sees him she squeals with delight and reaches out to grab him. Some mornings we find her happily awake giving Grover hugs in her bed.
- Laughs so cute.
- Is so happy most of the time.
- She is also teething, so sometimes nothing soothes her gums quite like mama or papa's fingers.
- Still does not like a paci, but now likes to chew on Sofie the Giraffe.
Is such a joy to us. But is also awake now, and needing my full attention. She is ready to play and I am more than willing. So no spell check, no more words just this cute face :)