The photos say it all. Drool everywhere and fingers in her mouth almost all day everyday.
And so at four months (how has it been four months already?!):
- we think she has been working on teeth for weeks now.
- laughs and smiles at people now (so fun!).
- most nights she sleeps for 5-6 hours at a time.
- enjoys time in her "Jenny Jumper" kicking her feet and standing up.
- squeals with delight when she notices someone new in the room.
- found her feet last week and now loves to suck on her toes...probably a conversation we will have down the road will go something like this, "just because you can suck on your toes, does not mean that you should, Ellis."
- sits in her Bumbo seat very well and looks around for something to grab to chew on.
- grabs things with intent - which is scary and cool at the same time.
- still sleeps in our bedroom - with the exception of one night last week when we packed up her bed from our room so we could go out of town. She slept so well in her own room that night. I did not. I was awake every hour on the hour listening for her. Needless to say, she will be in our room for a few more months - until mama is ready to let her sleep in her own room.
- loves to be snuggled and carried around. We oblige, but we think she gets heavier every day.
- has not been weighed since her last doctors appointment, but we thinks he must be around 13 lbs. We will find out when we go for our 4 month appointment soon.
- rolls over like a boss now.
- still does not like a binky or other chew toys - her fingers (and toes) are fine with her.
- but if you put her in her Bumbo without anything to grab or chew on, this will happen
- loves bath time, and post bath time when we put lotion on and brush her hair.
- she tries to hold her own bottle when being bottle fed.
- loves to hear my mom singing to her...they have their favorite songs they sing every day they see each other.
- she loves to hear the "Teddy Bear" song.
- blows raspberries with her lips when she is frustrated and either wants up or for us to walk around with her.
- Enjoys stroller time when we take Henry for a walk - sometime she even falls asleep.
- Doesn't mind short rides in her car seat, but the three hour trip we made last weekend was kind of tough on her. On our way home we made it in our driveway by the skin of our teeth just before she went cray-cray - LOL.
- watches her Papa intently when he walks in a room and smiles as soon as he makes eye contact with her.
- sometimes does the same thing with her Uncle Lee - she's a big flirt already!
- Has some expressive eyebrows and looks so serious a lot of the time - just makes it that much better when her face lights up and she smiles.
- is a pretty great and easy going baby. I wondered if I would ever say that those first few weeks, but honestly, she really is.
- until she is sleepy, hungry, or frustrated and then she is this...done. And so over taking pictures. (smile)
She is four months and keeping it real. My students asked me why I took pictures of her crying. I explained to them that it's real life most of the time. She cries. It's part of it all. Documenting and remembering it all - even the tough parts - are my goals. She will only be four months once.
Our whole new world is four months. Our little girl is growing so fast. Sounds so cliche, but it feels so true now. I cannot even fathom how it will feel when she is one - much less twenty-one.
But until then, we will enjoy her next four weeks of being four months.
Thanks for dropping by :)