And at two months, Ellis...
- Is wearing some three months clothes (mostly footy pajamas). She is LONG and seems to be getting longer each day. My string bean.
- Chews loudly on her hands when she is hungry. Adam and I were driving down the road one day when we realized how loud she chews on her hands...we giggled and got a kick out of it. The girl likes to eat like her mama.
- Loves to talk and be talked to. Her Grandma Rose gets the best conversational coo’s out of her in the afternoons. I love listening to her sweet voice babble about her day.
- Started going to the sitter two weeks ago today when I returned to work. Her sitter insists that she is a good baby during the day and reinerated that she loves to talk.
- Since starting at the sitter, she has been sleeping very well at night and hasn’t struggled to fall asleep when it’s bedtime.
- Just went up to drinking three 4 ounce bottles while she is at the sitter from 8 AM to 4 PM.
- She took to the bottle very well and still happily breast feeds in the early morning, evening, and night.
- Loves to snuggle and fall asleep on my chest. She makes the sweetest sighs and snores when she is truly asleep.
- Has feet and toes like her mama. I joke that she will soon be picking things up with her monkey toes.
- still has an undetermined eye color. Under some lights they definitely look brown. Under other lights, they look gray, green, and even violet.
- loves to look around and check out her surroundings. Lights and ceiling fans are her favorite
- Takes a Paci from time to time - mostly when she is tired and fighting sleep and cries when it falls out.
- has several nick names that we call her: sweet pea, Ellie Ellie Ellis, E, and sweet girl. I tend to refer to her when talking or texting as “E,” but when talking to her, I call her Ellis.
- Has strong neck/head control. She loves trying to sit up straight and tall - I hope she will have great posture.
- Has gone for a walk in her stroller twice now, and loves it. She loves looking around and then falling asleep.
- Also loves being in her Baby K’Tan sling and carrier contraption. She usually falls right to sleep once in them.
- Has gotten so much better about being in her carseat. She used to scream LOUDLY when put in it. Now, she barely makes a peep.
This little girl has changed our lives for the better in the past two months. We feel like we are finally starting to get a routine together. Yaaayyy! In all honesty, she still cries a lot, but it’s gotten better and we are starting to see bits of her personality come out and it makes our days full of joy. I literally cannot wait in the afternoons to pick her up, kiss her forehead and snuggle her. When the day came for me to go back to work, I was truly ready to start back and rejoin the working world. But since then, I feel like the days are flying by. So I am happy and so grateful that in just five short weeks, she and I will be back at home with Henry for summer break.
And just for good measure, an outtake. She lasted a great 15 minutes sitting in her big red chair by herself while I snapped away, and then...
My sweet E...keeping it real.
Thanks for dropping by :)