Last night I finally decided that my beloved soft mint green towel had seen better days. This is my favorite towel to wrap my wet hair up in. It's thin, and soft and works perfectly. Unfortunately, as I pulled it out of the dryer last night, it looked like this.
So I decided right then and there that I would re-purpose it into something useful. A bath rug. I dropped what I was doing and took it to my sewing machine.
- I folded it in half,
- sewed up the right and left sides,
- turned it right side out,
- ironed the top seam and sewed it straight across to close it up,
- and then came the lace.
- With a zig-zag seam along the lace, a bit of strategery (as George W. would say!) for the corners
- and just a couple straight stitches on the inside, I came up with this
See what I mean about the corners?! I sort of used Kim Kesti's Technique of How to Bind a Quilt (I use this for my quilts and it works PERFECTLY).
My Mama would would be so proud (smile). She is my re-purposing role model, always creating new and beautiful items from old things.
Thanks so much for dropping by :)