I am sitting here at 11:52 p.m. trying to choke down Theraflu because of the cold I've had for the past week. I decided this would be the perfect time to post my newest DIY project....when I say "my," I guess I should clarify - "our" - because I could not have gotten this done without Adam's drill and trip to the Home Depot for eyelet hooks. Thanks, Worm ;)
This past fall, my sister and I ventured out to a local flea market. Amidst the stench of kitty pee, and lets be honest, actual flea's (yikes!) I found this diamond in the rough.
The previous owner of this gem had decided to use it as a place to glue his bar and topless bar matchbooks. Hence the glue remnants in the bottom left corner. niiiice, right. Long story short, I let this baby sit outside to "air" out and then school started full fledge and I forgot about it :(
And a lightbulb went off in my head. Yes, yes, I know, this happens to me daily on Pinterest...but this idea, I actually KNEW I would follow through on. I already had the main ingredient, I just needed to go get it out of our storage house.
I did, and along came this
(Spray paint is awesome!)
Ahhhhhh! I am still getting giddy when I walk in our bathroom and notice it on the wall where all my necklaces used to hang so cluttered and ugly. Organization, decoration, restoration, and repurposing all in one DIY.