Today is my birthday.
What better way to get back to blogging than to do a post about me ;) @ 29 (a.k.a a year closer to 30, if your a cynic like I've been lately).
@ 29 She
- Feels completely blessed with a great husband that she's been married to for 4 years next month.
- Loves being a mama to her sweet fur baby, Henry.
- Is feeling in the best shape of her life.
- Loves music that gives her chills, makes her feel something, transports her back in time, or makes her think and relate.
My current favorite songs are:
If I Die Young by The Band Perry
If You Run by The Boxer Rebellion
Just Like Heaven by The Cure
Shark In the Water by V.V. Brown
Secrets by OneRepublic
- Has been teaching for 4 years and is feeling like she's suddenly a better teacher than the year before.
- Is realizing that if she ever has babies (the real kind, not the fur kind), she will be in her thirties when that happens - and is ok with that. Her ears actually perk up when she hears her students say "well, my mom was thirty/fourty-something when she had me!"
- Still has eczema on the backs of her legs just like she did when she was 29 mths.
- Still loves scrapbooking, quilting/sewing, photography, and art in general...but is finding less and less time to do any. You could also add another here that would say "has not taken a photo of herself, Adam, and Henry in like forever...unless you consider iphone pictures and video camera...hence, the photo booth pic up top."
- is enjoying the smell of Camu Camu Scentsy in her classroom and home.
- fit into a pair of AE jeans that she's had since she was 21. Held onto that ONE pair...and at 28 and 51 weeks, she finally got into them and wore them all day without cutting off circulation.
- Feels 25.
- Has had a multitude of nicknames: Beck, Becs, Becs 2, Worm, Trump, T-Pizzle, Trump-a-lump, and most recently Miss Nor-Eastern (wink, wink, Missi) :)
- Has been watching Prison Break on DVD for the first time, and loves it!!!
- Other shows that she loves right now are:
Teen Mom - Yes, Teen Mom on MTV...it's a good show, okay :)
- Has ALWAYS felt blessed with lots of close family relationships, but at 29 feels truly blessed with a great group of close friends, too.
- Went up a shoe size since 25? Weird.
- Thinks she could sell her secret recipe for Tomato Bisque Soup - of which, she's been enjoying for lunch lately.
- Got a call at 5:45 this a.m. from her Dad wishing her a happy birthday.
- Wardrobe consists of mostly NY&Co. clothes - it's her go-to-professional-teacher-look-store.
- still needs to read more. Thought about asking for a Kindle for her birthday, but then I got realistic and asked for an ipad instead :P
- Is catching the cleaning bug...not that she's a messy person, but is actually starting to enjoy cleaning???
- Has eaten the same breakfast for 4 years: a boiled egg with shredded cheese, a raisin cinnamon English muffin, and coffee.
- Is still not that into politics and doesn't watch the news unless it's on Good Morning America (does that even count?).
- Is still a procrastinator, but not as bad as she used to be.
- Loves being punctual - even early...hates being late.
- Is not much for talking on the phone - text messaging is preferable...even if she will never text as fast as her high school students.
- finds joy in seeing the extra-ordinary in the ordinary.
- Is still very sentimental and gets her feelings hurt easily, but still does not show it or express it very well.
- is pretty damn content with life.