layout copyright www.twopeasinabucket.com
i took this photo.
this morning, i was looking through my iphotos and realized that his was what I was doing on this exact day last year. adam was away on business and i took the day to drive up and meet him. only before leaving, i took the time to snap a few self-portraits.
so today, i thought it would be cool to look back at the journaling and see what was "making me happy" exactly one year ago.
a few things that are making me happy right now...facebooking from my iphone, going to church and feeling at home and liking it. spring weather, praying with Adam at night, embossing on my layouts! Body Combat...Adam doing Combat too! Sewing aprons and quilts with Rachel, a newly organized scraproom, watiing for our puppy to be born...a West Highland Terrier! thinking of names for said puppy. taking each day one at a time. enjoying the sweet but sometimes stormy life that is ours. Trusting that God wlll carry us through. Loving Adam more than ever... and this sweet typewriter that Mama gave me :)
Well, not much has changed actually - and for some, that might not always be a good thing, but for me, it is a good thing.
- i still love facebooking from my iphone :)
- we are still at the same church and love it.
- ready for spring weather - for sure!
- "praying with adam at night" um, we need to start doing this one again for sure.
- i now own about 20 diff. colors of embossing powder...can you say addict?!
- combat...duh, yes! now certified to teach it, and adam is wanting to get his cert too!!!
- sewing with my sis - we need to do this more often again. (rach if you are reading i say we start next weekend!)
- organized scrap room??? dang, got me there...i am in desperate need of a purge and organization day.
- puppy? totally the best addition we could have made to our family. henry brings us so much joy.
- still trusting God and knowing everything left at the cross will be taken care of.
- loving adam - check!
- typewriter still working and making cool additions to my layouts!
i am not one for change, can you tell?! but really, i just love this life that is mine and feel completely content right now. through the good and the bad, it's really all good. Life is good.
where were you this day last year? every thought about looking back? I'd highly recommend it :)
this post also has prompted me to realize that I desperately need to take some more self portraits...dude the one on the top left is from exactly a year ago....