I spend so many days waiting for the weekend. That is until Ellis says or does something new and I think, "Man, I should write that down; wait! stop and enjoy this moment right now. Savor this - stop rushing to the next..." Reality is that each day passes so quickly. I jot things down here and there - hoping to put it in a scrapbook someday. I take plenty of photos, that's for sure, but printing them and getting them in a book of some sort, well, it's on my list too.
I've decided to start writing love notes to my sweet baby girl. Maybe once a week. Possibly once a month- like I did before she turned a year old. Or just when I feel like it's something that I should "jot down."
Putting them on my blog will certainly be a way to keep a record of them - a quick link to them when and if I ever get around to printing them to put in a scrapbook.
At almost nineteen months your personality is really starting to shine through and it's so much fun watching you grow and learn. You are saying so many words now it's hard to keep up with.
- You call your blankie your "Beeee!" and "Beeee!" is always said in a high pitch of excitement because you are always so happy to hug it straight to your face. A list of other words you say a lot: Mom, Dad, Kitty, Bub-ba, baby, Tuck (stuck), can't, yes, no, bye, hi, nacks (snacks), Oh Cool, here and there. Just in the past week we have gotten you to say, "yellow" and you say it in such a cute way. I just love watching you learn how to say words.
- For the past month you have been putting yourself to sleep in your crib. I remember the first night you asked to be put in there and I did it and just knew you would cry when I walked out of the room. But much to my surprise, you did not. You played and read a book to your babies (stuffed animals), and then put yourself to sleep. Each night following that night has been the same. Honestly, sweetheart, there were nights when I would *WISH* that bedtime would not take so long - rocking a baby, drinking your bottle, waiting for your to go to sleep so I could put you down...and then one night it didn't. And I must say my heart misses that time so much. Now you just want your Beeee, your kitty cat, and a book and say, "Bye!" We are working on saying "good night," but for you right now, "bye" is your way of saying goodnight.
- You are still drinking a bottle. Sometimes it's all you want to eat and then other days you are more interested in food. I've thought about weaning you, but Grandma Rose says that we shouldn't until you are at least two.
- Back in June, I bought you a Minnie Mouse potty. You were super excited to use it and still are - you still wear diapers but before bath time each night you happily sit down on the potty and go.
- Macarroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, chicken, hot dogs with ketchup, and tator tots are your favorite foods at meal time. And CHEESE of course (like your mama!). You love fruit too - strawberries, bananas, cantaloupe, watermelon, and apples are usually what you get for your afternoon snack.
- You LOVE Peppa Pig. This is nothing new - it's the one show that would catch your attention even before you turned a year old. I admit, that your dad and I also love Peppa. It's one of those shows that will always be a favorite for us because it was your very first favorite.
- You enjoy being outside so much - in that way, you are like your dad. I really try to enjoy it too - so I can spend time with you outside playing bubbles (one of your most recent favorites!), but the heat is not for me. Luckily, your dad gladly obliges when you want to go outside.
- Board books are a favorite too! You have quite the collection thanks to your Grandma Rose, MeMaw Trump, Aunt Tammy, Aunt Rachel, and Aunt Leslie. Your favorites are the one's that have the touch and feel pages.
- You love playing with Mardi Gras beads. Dad and I went to New Orleans in July and it was your dad's idea to bring you back some beads - he just knew you would love playing with them. Sure enough, you do!
- You have also discovered your piggy bank and how cool it is to put loose change in it. You have a couple glass piggy banks, but you were given a purple plastic one at the bank when you and I opened up your first savings account this past summer. That's the one I let you play with shake around after you put change in it. You also know that I keep change in my purse because when you run out of coins to put in your bank, you run to my purse on the counter and point to it to ask for more. Smart, cookie, you are.
- Just last night while I was chatting with Aunt Stacee and dad in the kitchen you were busy playing with your babies and I noticed you holding your Cabbage Patch and feeding her a bottle. I've seen you rock your dolls before, but never actually holding the bottle up to the babies mouth. I literally stopped our conversation so we could all watch you. It was to cutest/coolest thing to see you nurture your baby.
- Oh you and Henry. Sometimes you two are partners in crime - and other's like fire and ice. I think what you would love the most is if he would let you bury your face in is soft fur. But I think Hen also knows that you might pull his tail or tug on his hair, so he keeps his distance. He prefers to initiate the playing. You are so sweet to him though, always sharing your snacks with him, and lovingly talking to him in your own gibberish. Recently you learned that he will follow you through the house if you have a bowl of snacks he likes - so you happily have him follow you around and laughing and talking to him before you stop to share.
I cannot say it enough how much joy - pure joy - it is to watch you each day learn new things, say new words, and play. You are growing so fast I just want to hold you closer, hug you tighter, and rock you a little longer each time you are in my arms. You are so loved and so important to me and so many of the people in your life.